We did it! Hunter said good-bye to his crib. My 37" child is now sleeping in a twin bed! I guess you could say that Hunter did it, but it really feels like it was more work for us than for him. For those of you with toddlers, you already know this story but for those of you without, let me explain.

It starts by picking the bedding and the bed. Fortunately for me, we already have a bedroom suit handed down from Stephanie that includes a twin bed. Yeah! So, I didn't have to do any shopping here. I purchased a bed rail off of Craigslist a few months ago, as well. The bedding was my most important task. It had to be asthetically appealing and Hunter's too young to pick it out by himself, right? (Besides, he probably would have picked out Thomas the Tank Engine or Lightning McQueen from Cars and neither of these would work for my motif. Hey, I'm just being honest here, people.) Anywhoo... I picked out an adorable and affordable set from Target. I, personally, like it more than Pottery Barn Kids, which is much more expensive. The neg- there are no matching sheets.

The next step- picking out a mattress. One friend is buying her son's at BJ's, another purchased her daughter's at a furniture store. We tried a mattress store and found an amazing steel for a spring-less mattress (mattresses of the future we're told). I want to sleep on it! I purchased sheets with a nice thread count (suggestion from a friend), got him a yummy pillow (forms to his head), mattress protector (for the potty training still to come) and Sunday, we put it all together (although we missed church doing it).

Sunday night, Hunter was delighted to sleep in his new bed. He got on it and squeeled with delight. After several months of talking about it, you can understand the anticipation. The funny catch? He will NOT sleep under the covers! Totally weird. Toddlers.








Hunter apparently likes to sleep with his face buried.








Next on the agenda? Decorating his walls.

2 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Looks good! Mine STILL don't sleep under the covers.

The Farmer Files said...

Yeah...I totally know what you mean. Hubby really wanted me to get Thomas because that would entice little guy to sleep in a big boy bed...but I had to have a surf theme...mine are Dean Miller. Matching sheets??? Nor for us. Potty training will fix that because you would have to buy several sets of matching sheets for accidents. So I do solids for fitted sheets...though we do have one set of Dean Miller surfboard sheets to match the rest of the set.