Like most parents of children, especially young children?, time away from our precious offspring is rare and precious. We have been so blessed in the past by our friends, Renee & Chris, who have graciously watched Hunter for us to go away for a night. They had even volunteered to keep him overnight in February prior to the birth of their second child but both our boys became quite sick, so it got cancelled.
I decided to ask another dear friend, Kamber, to watch Hunter, then we could keep Sara Grace for them to go away. She loved the idea and the swap planning began. We have been (especially me!) itching to go skiing this winter, so a-skiing we went!
I brought Hunter over on Friday night, Kamber made the kids dinner and I gave Kamber all of his "supplies" and a few instructions (paci's and blanket at bedtime, etc.). Before heading out the door, I asked her to take pictures of the kiddos and reminded her: "Don't forget to charge your camera battery." Out the door I went in the new-fallen snow, toddler-free! Ah, freedom!
Saturday, we went to Massanutten near Harrisonburg. The weather was AMAZING! We couldn't have had much better conditions than we had this weekend, which was great, especially because Sunday was the last day of their ski season. Phew! We made it just in time.
I was going to take snowboarding lessons but wimped out after Mark kept telling me how concerned he was that I would get hurt (plus, I had to see the orthopedic about my knee earlier this month). So, it was skiing for me; snowboarding for Mark. He does look super cool snowboarding and I really want to try it someday.
We skied all afternoon, took showers, went to a relaxing dinner and a movie (Premonition- good thriller but it had a terrible ending). It was wonderful connecting and having fun together!
Sunday on the slopes, I asked someone to take our picture, who happily obliged, but when he turned on the camera, guess what: batteries were dead! Do I need to say it? I needed to heed my own advice. So, you will not be viewing any pictures of us in ski gear or of Mark cutting snow down the mountain on his board. However, I can guarantee you we went. You should see the bruise on Mark's.... Well, anyway, we had a great time.
Sunday afternoon, we headed back to pick up our little angel, who seemed to wish we hadn't come back. Thank goodness children are so versatile.
Guess what... still haven't charged my battery. :)
2 years ago
2 comments:
So cute. Glad you guys had fun, lucky devils.
It was fun to have Hunter...I promise to get the pics to you soon!
Post a Comment