We were so blessed this weekend, as we were able to go on a date both Friday and Saturday- carefree, none-the-less. A friend from church insisted on watching Hunter for us so we could have a romantic evening out. Even though Mark & I genuinely believe in date nights, we rarely do it because it is so expensive! When it costs $50 on top of dinner and a movie, it's just not worth it. We try to replicate it at home or have another couple over to have fun. So, when our friend, Christine, insisted, we excitedly obliged.
Most of the time, Hunter is such a doll with other people. Of course, he is good at home as well but is more apt to "let his hair down" with us. We were so excited to take him over but didn't know what to expect from Hunter in her toddler-free home.
We set up our playard, explained his bed-time routine and told her a car or a ball could keep him happy for a while. I was excited to discover they have a new dog! Yes, Hunter is just like me and has NO fear of dogs and adores them.
Hunter was content, Christine and her husband were briefed and we were off on our way to dinner. He cried as soon as we walked out the door. Christine's husband strolled out while we were backing up and said he already stopped. He just wanted his lovey- a car! They had a blast!
I seriously had no worries all evening. However, it does help that I have a toddler who is very serious about his sleep. It is a blessing and I think it's inherited. :) We ate quickly to catch our movie and went to the bookstore for dessert.
Upon retrieval of our sleepyhead, Christine told us how Hunter is so abnormal because he didn't fuss, played independently and went to bed easily. I was thankful, of course, but in the back of my mind, I know how he is at home: squeeling while his pj's are being put on and getting fussy waiting for dinner, but I'm so glad he was on his best behavior for our friend! What a blessing.
Thank you, Christine and Shawn! Thank you also to our friends, Renee & Chris, who were gracious to watch Hunter for us Saturday night for a MOPS event. We truly had 2 peaceful nights.
2 years ago
1 comments:
lucky girl!
Post a Comment