

Sorry for the blogging delay. Between wiping Hunter's "boogies" every 5 minutes and now wiping my own, I have been a little too pooped to blog. Hunter was ill last night and my cold fully bloomed today, so we did a lot of snuggling today. He is quite a happy-sick child, so I consider myself very blessed.
In the meantime, Mark is wearing a gas mask, gloves and using tongs to prevent contracting, what he thinks is, a deadly cold. :) I have to admire him for always being so cautious. I still give Hunter kisses even when he has a snotty nose and cough. I just forget. You understand, right?
Back to the storytelling! Saturday, we planned a co-family outing with our dear friends, the Sturgills. Because of yucky weather, we decided to go to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum near Dulles Airport. While I was not enamored with looking at the different nuances of airplanes, I did see some very interesting airplane specimens. The "Enola Gay" was a big attraction- dropped a bomb on Japan, I think. The other large attraction was the "Blackbird, the world's fastest jet- pretty cool. I liked getting out, seeing something new and, my favorite, socializing! Plus, I got to snuggle with the Sturgill's new baby, Lydia.
In the meantime, Mark is wearing a gas mask, gloves and using tongs to prevent contracting, what he thinks is, a deadly cold. :) I have to admire him for always being so cautious. I still give Hunter kisses even when he has a snotty nose and cough. I just forget. You understand, right?
Back to the storytelling! Saturday, we planned a co-family outing with our dear friends, the Sturgills. Because of yucky weather, we decided to go to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum near Dulles Airport. While I was not enamored with looking at the different nuances of airplanes, I did see some very interesting airplane specimens. The "Enola Gay" was a big attraction- dropped a bomb on Japan, I think. The other large attraction was the "Blackbird, the world's fastest jet- pretty cool. I liked getting out, seeing something new and, my favorite, socializing! Plus, I got to snuggle with the Sturgill's new baby, Lydia.

Mark really liked it; something about history being interesting. It just doesn't register with me. Hunter loved seeing the "air-payne," "coppur" and "spaise-sip." He has a little toy space ship at home, so I decided to call the space shuttle a space ship. I don't know but I would bet the "space ship" was his favorite part.
Wesley (the Sturgill's son) and Hunter both did great in their strollers. We had originally planned to not bring the strollers and let them walk/run but they both had colds, so they rode until the very end, where we let them out. Then, it was off to lunch.
Wesley (the Sturgill's son) and Hunter both did great in their strollers. We had originally planned to not bring the strollers and let them walk/run but they both had colds, so they rode until the very end, where we let them out. Then, it was off to lunch.

1 comments:
Sorry you're sick. Glad the space center was fun. Our kids were exhausted afterwards. All those new things to see and all that walking just wears them out! Feel better!
Post a Comment