One of the fabulous moms in my 'hood organized a play group co-op, so each mom is assigned a week to organize something low-key and fun. I chose for us to go to The National Harbor in Maryland to play in the sand, have a quick lunch and, most importantly, eat cupcakes!
One of the moms was late, so it was just BOYS! They are the only boys in our whole workout moms group because everyone else has girls. Most of my friends have girls, so Hunter should make a nice gentleman since that is with whom he is used to playing and interacting... I hope and pray. I digress...
When we arrived, the boys immediately took the trucks that were brought and began to drive them through the sand. There is a sculpture there in the sand that looks like the hands of God, in my opinion. It makes for fun pictures!
We ate lunch and immediately headed over to the newest trendy dessert chain. I was not impressed; however, my three friends loved their cupcakes! Hunter wasn't impressed, either. As a matter of fact, he handed me his after 2 bites. I gave Mark the rest of mine. Their cupcakes are $3.50 each! $1.50 for a mini-cupcake. We didn't dare throw any away. ;)
Mom P and Mom C enjoying their little bites of chocolate.
Mom C snagging a bite from J. Okay, she was pretending.
To top it off, I was enjoying the experience so much that I lost my brain and fed Colten, my 7 month old, a bite of cupcake, too! He really loved it.
6 comments:
I gave the baby a chocolate cupcake when he was about 12 months in front of a dr. at our church. I looked at her and told her it was proof I am a GOOD MOTHER. ;) Hooray for Colten!
Great pictures. I am sure Colten wanted more! That is so cute.
I have heard that Baked & Wired in Georgetown is a great place for cupcakes.
LOL, he is the second baby right?! Hunter will say I didn't get to that at that age, JK, ha!Glad you had a great time, great pics! I've been thinking about yOu :)
Who loved the cupcakes more - the kiddos or the mommies? YUM!
And I love that hand...too cool!
teach them to love chocolate young that's what I say! :)
p.s. the only time we have been to the hands was before they moved it from Hains Point and we were on the Teammates scavenger hunt...a LONG time ago! Bummer that we didn't go again before we left town.
How fun! You guys make me want to move back to CS, you do such neat things now.
How are you? You look fab!
Watching Project Runway tonight? I always think of you...
Post a Comment