I have good news and bad news. Good news is... Mark has been training for his second marathon for about four months now and it is finally is HERE! He runs this Sunday and I am just so excited for him. I've been telling Hunter about it for a while now, too, what the day will be like to see Daddy running with lots of other people and the crowd around will be yelling the runners on. I am pretty sure he doesn't recall going last year. Just to think that Colten was still in my tummy last year.

The bad news? After practically forcing him, Mark made a doctor's appointment for this morning because he has had tremendous pain in his ankle/calf and hasn't been able to run since last Monday. Fortunately it is tendonitis and not a stress fracture, but it is very painful. He and I are both very disappointed about this but we trust that God has a reason... even if to teach Mark that he's not invinceable. ;)

So... I am asking you, friends, to please be in prayer for Mark's ankle this week and, especially, on race day. I am nauseous to think something could happen to him and for me not to be there with him. Plus, he really wants to not just finish but BEAT his time from last year! Go, baby, go!

6 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Go Mark go, prayer said :)

The Farmer Files said...

We want to know what Mark will be wearing. Will he be running in costume? When big S ran the MCM lots of people were in costume, but he was not.

Renee said...

We are praying for him.

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Will pray...and kudos to you too! I know how much time training must take him away from you and the boys!

Rachel said...

I am so encouraged and amazed by you and Mark. Ya'll get the award for maintaining and reach goals you set! Way to go!

Famiglia Grande said...

YEA Mark! And what a cute backside on that chick in the first picture ;0)