Recently, at Colten’s four month check-up, his doctor and I discovered his weight had dropped off to the 5-10% range versus his 50-75% for length and head. I told him how Hunter had similarly dropped off in weight at his six month check-up, so the doctor was not too concerned but told me to bring him back in a month to have him re-weighed (that’s next week).

Today, while I was at a playground, I met two other moms whose babies were nearly two times Colten’s size and one month YOUNGER than him! He doesn’t even weigh 13 pounds yet. Poor guy. Some of my friends (and you know who you are) were joking that they make milk shakes nursing their little ones. I said that I must make skim milk.








This evening, I decided to take a picture of our overlooked family member, Sattchi. His picture reminded me of… COLTEN! I think Colten’s legs are the same size as our 9 pound Italian Greyhound. That just doesn’t seem right. Again, poor guy. He will look back at his baby pictures wondering if I fed him!





See for yourself and please pray my baby gains some more weight.

5 comments:

Renee said...

Maybe he is going to be fast like Sattchi! And skinny like his mama. He's a cute little guy.

The Farmer Files said...

maybe he just has a fast metabolism!! i will add colten to my prayer list!

Judy said...

Michelle - We used to say our older daughter looked like the poster child for African relief! Both my kids skimmed the bottom of the weight chart and routinely fell off the chart altogether! Today they are healthy, athletic, slim beautiful women!

As moms, we never have a lack of things to worry about!

Bringing Up Boys said...

You and your Greyhound comparisons - crazy peep! That Colten sure is a cutie pie, skinny legs and all! I bet ya as soon as he is old enough to have solids he'll plump right up ;)!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

We'll be praying for Colten (interesting the same happened with Hunter and look how great he's doing!)! Very cute pic of you guys, you look great and he is a cutie!