In addition to the third year of life Hunter achieved earlier this month (the fourth), I have to add a couple of new accomplishments to his list of achievements.

Hunter was a late walker. He walked just before 18 months, although he rolled over, sat and crawled on time. He also had intense issues with spitting up. In fact, he didn't stop spitting up until he started walking. It makes sense, really, because his body became vertical instead of horizontal. However, after that, he started drooling. As a matter of fact, he has been drooling until recently when I noticed that my child NO LONGER DROOLS! Hooray! It's not that it caused any problems but it is quite unsightly and it's just gross to have drool all over toys. Way to go, Hunter!

The other obstacle he has almost overcome? His paci (pacifier for any non-parents). Between losing a couple and a couple just getting chewed up and gross, he has only one left. When he started up with chewing on it, I warned him, once he chewed it, he doesn't have anymore and we have to throw it away. Sure enough, that thing is just gross. He has litterally eaten the nipple off of the pacifier and there's only a small nub left. At this point, I still give it to him, willfully, at nap time and bedtime. However, after he puts it in his mouth for a few seconds, he's done with it. I guess I should just ask him if he's done with it and ready to throw it out. Maybe I should do something special for him when he's ready. Maybe go out for ice cream instead of lunch???

Go, Hunter! I'm so proud of you! Love, Mommy.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Way to go Hunter! Since the last time he napped at our house, Wesley sometimes cries at naptime for that green pacifer! He just wants to be like Hunter. If only he would stop sucking his thumb....

The Farmer Files said...

their wives will never believe what causes us grief.... ;)