Just for documentary purposes, I need to share Hunter's Airplane Birthday Party. He turned 3 on June 4th and, because I could not come up with any ideas of my own (and getting by with a newborn), I decided to ask Hunter what he wanted to do for his birthday party. He said, "I want an airplane party." Okay, that was after he said a Lightning McQueen party but he told me a couple of months ago that he wanted an airplane party, so I reminded him and he agreed on the airplane.
I asked, "Who do you want to invite?" His first response was Wesley. With a little help, he added Josh and Kiera to his invite list. I asked if he wanted to invite anyone else and he said, "No. Just 3 friends." How funny! He sure did make my job easy! I had lunch catered by a local deli and made PB&Js for the kiddos.
This child was so excited about his special day, as he should have been, right? All day, everyday he asks what's coming next. "What are we going to do after _____, Mommy?" Well, this day was no different. ALL he wanted was to open his gifts. Everything else seemed obligatory. I had to answer his question about when he got to open presents with everything that had to occur first. "May I open presents?" "After we play a game." "Can we play a game NOW?" "After we eat lunch." "Can we eat lunch now?" "After we make a craft." "Can we make a craft NOW?" You get the idea... I thought I was going to have to put duct tape on the poor child's mouth.
We had airplanes everywhere and 5 guests (2 little sisters included), plus Colten, and a good time was had by all. Guests were even served peanuts and pretzels, classic airplane fare.
These are clouds with airplanes flying.
Now, that was some good cake!!! (Wesley obviously thinks so. :)) Thanks, Tammy!
Kiera, with Candice holding Colten. She rescued me from a crying baby a couple of times during the party. Thanks, sister!
2 years ago
3 comments:
Happy B-day, Hunter! Nice party, mama!
such a cute cake!
Love the balloons as clouds - what a great idea - so creative. And the cake was adorable. Happy Birthday big boy!
Post a Comment