A dear friend of mine, http://www.vitafamiliae.com/, came up with this grand idea for her blog, to share how she met her mate and challenged the rest of us to try it, too. So, here goes! Thanks, LL!

To help her spread the word, here's a link to my friend's story:

Met-My-Mate Mondays at Vitafamiliae.com

As a recent graduate of Virginia Tech (I'm a Hokie, you know), I started out in a couple of crummy sales jobs but with high hopes of getting into the Pharmaceutical Sales field. I was trying to network like crazy and make business contacts as best I could. I went to every business opportunity I could as a representative for The Roanoker magazine. On one such occassion in the late winter/early spring of 1998, I attended yet another Chamber of Commerce's Business After Hours to prospect. Being the "hard core" extrovert that I am, this was usually very exciting.

On this particular evening, I ran into a group of people I knew and began conversing, when a guy I didn't know came up to the group and started chatting with another guy. Soon enough, we were introduced and we began conversing about who knows what but, according to him, we exchanged business cards and away we went until...

Come back for more next Monday (or Wednesday). :)

0 comments: