Okay, so I'm not in labor. False alarm! I promise I will be soon. ;) Selfishly, I would like Sunday evening to be the onset of labor. That way, I get to go on the scrapbooking retreat with "my girls" this weekend and get a lot of scrapbooking done. It's in the Lord's hands, obviously.


So, I wanted to post some pics from Valentine's Day and share some of the evening with you.


First, Mark received a gift certificate for live lobsters 3 or 4 years ago from employees at the time and it was never used because we usually go out for dinner on special occassions. So, I decided we would stay in for V Day this year and ordered Mark some lobsters (and added fillets for us, too).


The live lobs were on my door when I returned home from Bible Study. However, I didn't have the guts to get the fillets out because I didn't want to see the lobsters. When Mark got home from work, I told him we had a surprise for dinner but that he had to cook it! Then I showed him his treat (pictured below). He was so excited to have lobster for dinner!












Hunter was a little intimidated by the moving lobsters but he did actually touch them, which is more than his mama did.





Mark thoroughly enjoyed cooking us dinner (he cooked the meats and I cooked the veggies and dessert) and eating it. Now, I don't eat lobster, so I didn't realize there was a crucial utensil missing for the eating of the lobster. Mark, however, brought it to my attention, so we sat down to our romantic dinner of lobster, filet and pliers! It was so funny!












(Sattchi wanted in on the fillet and lobster, too.)



(My handsome Valentine)

3 comments:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Thanks for the update. Looks delicious!

I couldn't see Sattchi at first, it was like a "Where's Waldo" to try and find him...then I was like, "oh there he is!"

When is your due date exactly??

The Farmer Files said...

I laughed and squealed when I read this. I would have felt the same way. I love that you dressed up, too!

Anonymous said...

Dinner looks delicious!

Renee