We go to an Adult Bible Fellowship class at church, called Family Builders. The ladies in the class have a baby quilt ministry. They organize a craft night whenever a new baby is born (and there are LOTS of babies!) and shortly after, a decorative quilt is presented to the parents for the baby.



I had my quilt night in July, er, I mean, Colten had his quilt night then. I was able to invite one non-Family Builder, so I asked Candice to come. I was told this required no talent or creativity, so I was able to actually help! I am not a crafty person, except for what I force myself to do to scrapbook, so I was a little apprehensive about it.



The night was so much fun, to my surprise, being a craft night and all. It was a little challenging, though. I had to use puff paint but it was a good time. We had prayer time for Colten and our family and had some fabulous treats on top of everything else.



Here's the end result:









Thank you, ladies!

6 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

precious!

Aaahhhh IBC ABFs...I miss 'em!

Much aloha!

Sweet Pea Chef said...

How special! That is so beautiful.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Cute! Good for you for getting down with your quilting self!

Renee said...

It's so cute! I am glad you enjoyed the night

At home with the Howells said...

That will be a very special memory. You don't always have to be the "craftiest" (sp?)person to do something crafty.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, that's a beautiful quilt! Y'all did a great job! :)