Tuesday was our 8 year anniversary. We were married: 9/9/00. Mark loved this date so it would be easy to remember. Thank you for your brilliance, babe, because it certainly does make it easy to remember. :)

We used to spend our anniversaries traveling to places like Mexico, the Carribbean or Martha's Vineyard (where we were during 9/11/01). Last year we were blessed by Mark's parents to leave Hunter with them and we went to Smith Mountain Lake to celebrate. This year, we weren't as fortunate to get away. Two children sure does make for a BUSY life! So, we made dinner reservations and I tried to be grateful for the evening we did have together.

Mark wisked me away to the new National Harbor to a steak restaurant inside the Gaylord resort. We had such a delicious dinner and it was nice to get dressed up and just focus on each other. Let's say it together: "Ahhhhh." I wasn't interested in any of the desserts there but I knew there was a Cake Love there, so off we went. We walked down to the harbor area and found out it closed at 8:00. Can you hear the air escaping out of my balloon? ;)




Our dear friends, Stacy and Greg, were at our wedding and Greg actually videotaped our wedding for us. (We paid for it ourselves, so we tried not to spend money.) He sent us a sweet message in honor of our anniversary with a special link that brought me to tears, although I have seen it before. (It's us, in case you can't tell from the video.)




Here we were:







Here we are now:



3 comments:

Our Plain Life said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!! I love the here and now pictures. It only gets better as the years go by, don't you think?!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Ahh Happy Anniversary!! Beautiful pics!!!

The Farmer Files said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! See what kids have done to you? You both look so tan! I am sure they have you out and about everywhere!