I guess I don't have anything against the Easter bunny but I have decided I will not capitalize the "b" in bunny so as not to give the character much importance in my mind. What does a bunny have to do with Easter? or even eggs, chicks, argyle, plaid, etc.? Okay, back to the story... I had a dilemma Eastre weekend and the EB was going to help me solve it.
The day before Easter, the four of us were going to an Easter egg hunt with some friends. Mark informed me that he had to go in to work beforehand, so I was left with my almost 3 year old and 3 week old to fend for myself. Plus, I had to be 30 minutes away by 10:30. Can you see where I am going with this? Yup, we didn't make it.
I had a relaxing breakfast with Hunter, took a shower, then I realized that Colten can actually be fussy sometimes. I couldn't get ready without stopping to soothe him. He was needing some extra attention- wanting to fall asleep but needed some help, needing to be nursed again, etc. As 10:00 approached and I was no where near being ready to go, I had to resolve that we weren't going.
Keep in mind, Hunter was excited about the egg hunt because of me but he didn't really seem to care that we were not going to make. I, however, was quite disappointed. That's where EB comes in. I decided that since we couldn't make it to the egg hunt, we would then visit the ole EB at the mall and go for a ride on the carousel.
A friend of mine gave me a great tip about rides: they can only go on them when Daddy is with them. Brilliant!!! Thanks, Sara. :)
Yes, we made Easter eggs for the first time at the Wright house. I have to admit. It was actually quite fun! Oh, and we ate them the rest of the week. YUM!
2 years ago
2 comments:
Ah yes, I remember those days when Ian was still a few weeks old and Zach was three & a half. Getting out of the house in time for anything was difficult especially when just one parent is in charge of it all. I felt like getting all of us ready was equivalent to an Army deployment!
It does get easier with time my friend. My solution was to do fewer things outside of the house in order to maintain my sanity. If we were going out we would go to one place that day, instead of the three or four places I would have attempted when I just had Zach.
Good for you for knowing that you wouldn't make it in time and deciding on an alternative that was less stressful for you and consequently more enjoyable for the rest of the family!
Cute eggs! Love the little man clothes you have Hunter wearing!!
Post a Comment