No, this isn't a post-election blog about 'bama or 'cain but a request for H.E.L.P. in picking me a new car! When we shopped for my current car, it was the first one at which I looked. I knew what I wanted.

We have outgrown my car, which I love, but it can hardly hold us for shopping jaunts across town, much less taking us anywhere worth packing it up. It's a lease, so I am finally able to upgrade to a much bigger car. Plus, I did just have a baby this year, which made it extremely clear that we no longer fit in it! (Besides, Hunter's knees practically touch the seat in front of him and Colten's carseat presses up to the seat so that the passenger's knees are in the dashboard. But I digress....)

I am more hard-headed than most of my friends who have slowly made the conversion to the "Odd Sea" (the Honda mini-van). Even though I know their daily lives in and out of cars will be much easier than mine, I am getting an SUV.

This is where you come in. I am really at a loss as to which behemoth I will have to squeeze into parking spaces. None are really appealing to me (though I am actually not complaining), but I have come up with some options:
Toyota Sequoia
Infiniti QX or the Nissan Armada
Buick Enclave or the Saturn Outlook

Please VOTE! You can even vote purely on looks and not feel bad. If you have experience with the one you choose, tell me. Am I missing your favorite? Let me know. I just really don't care for the Fords or the GMCs.

One more thing, my lease is over 12/1, so I have to make a decision QUICKLY! Thank you in advance for your help.

9 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

Well, if they have a Toyota Highlander I would go for that. They are smaller than the sequoias and better on gas. I drove an Infiniti QX once upon a time when I was in a car accident and I got a rental car. It is a nice upgraded version of the Nissan Pathfinder. I think if you want the BIG CAR go for the sequoia or armada, the QX or the highlander if you want a bit smaller of an SUV. Aaahh and I generally am a fan of foreign cars. So the other two I have no opinion about.

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Well, let's see. I test drove the Armada. It's a tank, plain and simple. Although I love me a Nissan. They are my favorites.

I also test drove the Sequoia. I liked it just fine, not earth-shattering. Just a good car.

I'm also fond of Saturns. We had a Vue that I loved and I like the look of the new stuff that's out. and they're not over-priced like Toyotas.

But if I have to pick one, I guess the Sequoia. It's a little less huge than the Armada.

ARK said...

I think they are all really nice so I would go with the one that costs the least, and gobbles up the least amount of gas since while gas prices are low for the time, I predict they will go back up again. Just my humble opinion:)

Our Plain Life said...

If you are done having kids (wink, wink), I would go the Buick or Saturn route. Even though we are not a domestic cars family, we looked at both of them and really liked them. Not to give you more options, but did you look at the GMC Acadia? Just like the Buick or Saturn. If we would have gotten a SUV it would have been that. But we knew we would like to have more kids in the future and the SUV route just wouldn't work for us. Test drove an Armada...HUGE!!

Sweet Pea Chef said...

I love my Highlander, and I know next to nothing about the other cars...so I guess I would say the Sequoia.

Anonymous said...

OK... have any of you ever driven with Michelle behind the wheel??? In Michelles case bigger is not going to be better... I would go for a Toyota Highlander or the Honda Pilot. But really I would be going for the Volvo, Mercedes or BMW station wagons... much more your speed -- wink, wink! Miss you. Love, Liz

Renee said...

I think you should get the QX. Both you and Mark want a big car and like you said the Infiniti dealership is right by your house. And you have liked your FX right?

Danielle K said...

I found your blog via Rebekah. We have a Highlander and I love it. Everyone I know who has owned a Toyota (from the 80's to now) has been very pleased. So I would assume the Sequoia is also a great pick. Did you check Consumer Reports? We live by the recommendations!

The Dancy Family said...

I LOVE my Sequoia. It is easy to drive & use (all the gadgets, etc.) & in my opinion beautiful! Don't know much about the QX, but the Sequoia has more room than the other SUV's you mentioned. Also, you can latch your kiddoes side by side & move the 3rd seat forward to access the 3rd row...not the case for the Highlander & Pilot. Since you have an Infiniti now though, the QX may be a good option for you since you are so familiar with them. Good Luck to ya! New cars are so fun!