We were fortunate enough to go away for the weekend to a lovely place called Block Island off of Rhode Island for a wonderful wedding. It's much like Martha's Vineyard, I suppose- quaint, small(er), lots of boats & bikes and very romantic. However, they're not big on AC over there- something about the cost to generate it. Oh well, we survived.


We stayed at The National Hotel (pictured below with Mark in the foreground), an historic landmark and decent (at $300 a night, it should have been amazing- oh well). You have to ferry over to the island which makes it all the more secluded, if you will, or alluring or a pain- depends on your perspective; right? Getting off the ferry, our hotel looked packed but we found out it has a nice restaurant on the (very large) front porch. It was extremely convenient for dinner that night.




We attended our friend, Teal's, wedding. It was wonderful and we had an amazing time- seeing some people we had not seen in years and meeting lots of new, very interesting people. Almost everyone we know has children and the moms stay home, so this was quite a bit different and fun to hear about people's adventures.



The wedding was in an adorable church and, with no AC, quite warm for the gents. The poor guys were, literally, melting. Teal looked like a bride out of a magazine. The reception was located on a hilltop overlooking a gorgeous, boat-packed marina with a fabulous breeze to keep us cool. Supposedly, this place is used by famous people, with helicopters landing there for weekend events.




I was asked to say the blessing. It was an honor and a little nerve-wracking but I am thankful it went well. Thank you, Lord. Then the dancing and chatting went on for hours! Did I say we had a blast?! Well done, Teal!


By the way, I didn't mention our dear friends who kept Hunter for us to attend this wonderful paradise island wedding child-less. What a great trip! Thank you, C & R!!!


On Sunday, we chartered a sail boat- a little too lazy for our taste but a fun, relaxing experience, nonetheless. Next time, it's a motor boat and swimming for us! I can't wait until Hunter can join us on these adventures and it's not stressful. Soon enough, then we'll have two of them!



One more picture of me and the bride.



2 comments:

The Farmer Files said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Farmer Files said...

Hey...I think YOU and MARK look like something out of a magazine on that sailboat!!!! You must be "living life wright"! Ohhhh....Big S cracks me up...he came up with that last sentence.
Aloha!